• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassed by entire family next door!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aktjw7804

What is the name of your state?Indiana My nieghbors next door to me have been harrassing me ever since I asked thier kids not to throw rocks at my dogs and not to climb or lean on my fence which is old and has some rust. Telling them that if they get hurt I am liable. Shortly there after I lost my job and had to get asistance from the government. I found out the my nieghbor works there. No big deal I thought this is only temporary. In the last few weeks my nieghbor put a shed 2' from my fence, which sits 10" inside my property line. I went to our local building commissoner and asked him how far they had to be away from the property line and he said 5'. He then told me he would tell them they would have to move it. After he contacted them the real trouble started, the would yell cuss words at me when I would leave or came home. Then the firedepartment was called to thier house because the were burning trash, of course I was blamed and they began letting thier kids yell and make comments. So to defy the property line they built a bench and staked it down a 1/2" from my fence. So yesturday I approached them and told them I didn't call the fire dept. All hell broke loose! They cussed me and yelled negative thigs, one in which consisted of my family recieving assitance. Iasked them to not let thier kids hang on the fence again and was told they could hang on it anyway. I called the police and was treated like trash! This family had no way of know my situation unless he snooped around in our file at his work. I have lived here for 30yrs and they justed moved in less than 1yr ago! What can I do with no income for legal help! Please help me with this!!!!! Someone???????? :mad:

ms.magoo

harrassed by entire family next door !!!!

First off, you should contact that building commisioner an tell him that these people aren't complying to his orders. He might be able to do further things to make them comply to his orders. Also start documenting everything, ( photo's as well) with the dates an times that these people are harrassing you. You'll need it down the road, I'm sure, if they don't stop their harrassment towards you. Plus another good thing would be to buy a cheap video camera (survellience) an set it up in that direction of your yard to get that evidence of them doing their actions. If possible, get a survey to stake your property as well, this way when they do go onto your property, you'll have your survey, call the police up, and charge them with a criminal trespass. It might piss em off big time, but hey two can play the game too !!! Never give in to a bully because they'll just keep going at it !!! Also with some studying of law, you can start up a law suit against them for these things they are doing to you. Then it goes into court an you would be wise to get a restraining Order an a injunction on them to stop their harrassing actions towards you. Make sure that the injunction states that if they do continue to harrass you, that the police have the authority to act on the injunction.

hassled65

DON'T call the police. Cops don't care...especially in Indiana. They might take YOU to jail. I say this from experience. Talk to a lawyer, file court papers but don't call the cops. They will make things worse. :mad:

jnazareno

hassled65 said:
DON'T call the police. Cops don't care...especially in Indiana. They might take YOU to jail. I say this from experience. Talk to a lawyer, file court papers but don't call the cops. They will make things worse. :mad:

huh..no wonder my friend move back to California.....

ms.magoo

harrassed by entire family next door !!!!

Well okay, don't call on the police. But you can also make your own citizens arrest on them. It just means you going to the court registry, filling out the proper forms, an carrying through with your arrest on the neighbours. But that is something I could do in my country, maybe not yours, so its just my thoughts on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">