• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Right Of Way-Cease and Desist Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lemonandlime

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I have 2 adjoining cottages which have 2 seperate right of ways -one is from the front of one cottage and the other right of way is from the rear of the second property. I have taken down some trees between the properties. I have not connected the 2 right of ways or made any changes to my deeds. I have only driven across one backyard to the other over the property lines to exit and enter onto the rear right of way. My question is-a neighbor who has been trouble in the past is giving me a cease and desist order for using a right of way across my 2 properties. He shares the front right of way with me which I have actually stopped using some time ago and my use of the rear exit has no impact on his property. I only use the cottage 2 months of the year and it is boarded up the rest of the time-his cottage is also seasonal. I have only 1 car and my visitors are minimal so it is not a question of noise or traffic.
Can he stop me from driving over property I own?
Thanks for any help-this is pretty much the neighbor from Hell so I would appreciate any advice! :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">