• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with wall attached to my house on my property without my permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiemermom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

Ten years ago the people who bought the house next door asked me if they could change the landscape along my house along their driveway and i said yes and was livid to come home the next day and find they attached a wall to my house. After my objection I ended up allowing them to leave it up since it was already up and i told them they would have to remove it if either of us want to sell. Now I'm refurbishing the exterior paint and found that the sprinklers they installed on my property which spray at my house instead of away from the house has caused a great deal of damage to foundation such as dry rot to all vents on that side of house. I want them to pay for the repairs needed for water damage or remove their unauthorized wall, irrigation, and regain access to my property. Is there any legal forms that protect myself and home from further property damage if I allow them to keep wall up after they pay for damages? And can I set up a lease for the use of my property?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

Ten years ago the people who bought the house next door asked me if they could change the landscape along my house along their driveway and i said yes and was livid to come home the next day and find they attached a wall to my house. After my objection I ended up allowing them to leave it up since it was already up and i told them they would have to remove it if either of us want to sell. Now I'm refurbishing the exterior paint and found that the sprinklers they installed on my property which spray at my house instead of away from the house has caused a great deal of damage to foundation such as dry rot to all vents on that side of house. I want them to pay for the repairs needed for water damage or remove their unauthorized wall, irrigation, and regain access to my property. Is there any legal forms that protect myself and home from further property damage if I allow them to keep wall up after they pay for damages? And can I set up a lease for the use of my property?
**A: use an encroachment agreement or something similar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">