• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA only sod 1/2 the front yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mfergnur

Sod

I have owned a townhome for 12 years. The sod in the front yard died and the HOA gave me the option of re-sodding it for a minimal fee. I have come home from work and only 1/2 of the yard was sod! I called the HOA asking what the heck was going on and I was told that the area not sod belonged to my next door neighbors! None of us (1 building with 4 townhomes) were ever aware that 1/2 of my front yard did not belong to me! The HOA are coming to my house tomorrow to show me the plat. Please...advise! It looks absolutely ridiculous!

FlyingRon

If the plat shows the land in question is not part of your lot, your only option really is to try to convince your neighbor to sod his as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">