• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA - Pests with selective enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweett33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Can an HOA require one to "install landscape" & a sprinkler system to their backyard. I need to mention the HOA is one over a brand new individually owned set of homes. We do not have a pool, recreation, common area typ benefits. Our community is no different than any other residential non-gated community with the exception of having an HOA.

I notice they don't bother everyone else but they like me for some reason. I have tried to respond kindly to their letters, but they are on some power trip and are being unreasonable. I've done all I can to accommodate them but their actions/letters simply defy logic.

The city makes it clear they are concerned only with what can be seen from a public street, unless there is a hazard of some kind. The HOA perceive themselves more powerful. So much so, they refuse to answer question, and only like to give orders and tell me what they want me to do. Enough is enough.

Also is there a website that shows what the protocol is for HOA's and says what they can and cannot do?

Sweett33

I am uncertain if there was a separate agreement for the HOA. But I was aware in order to buy the house I had to deal with an HOA. It was one of the first two questions I asked when viewing new homes was, if there was Mella Rues (may have spelled it wrong), and an HOA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">