• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horrible neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

judysanders

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona I have a neighbor that we have been feuding with over 30 years. He has threatened to kill people and I have simply ignored him and he still is out to get us. Anyway 20 plus years ago he put in a pool and tore his slatted wooden fence down and was going to use my 5 foot chainlink as his barrier. I saw an attorney then and wrote him instructing him to put up his own barrier or my fence would come down. He in turn put up a thin 5 foot brick wall.

Now currently. I have replaced my chain link fence with an 8 foot brick wall. This wall was filled with cement and rebar and is a sturdy wall. This wall is on the inside of my property line. He is now tearing down his cheap brick wall and is planning on using my wall once again as his. Not only that he will be using what property is on the outside of my wall as his.

The question is what can I do at this point in time. I paid for my wall and he didn't put any money towards building it. Should I send him a bill for half of my wall? Make him put up something else in place of what he is tearing down? What . I am at my wits end. What do I do now??? Thank you for any help you can give me.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ArizonaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona I have a neighbor that we have been feuding with over 30 years. He has threatened to kill people and I have simply ignored him and he still is out to get us. Anyway 20 plus years ago he put in a pool and tore his slatted wooden fence down and was going to use my 5 foot chainlink as his barrier. I saw an attorney then and wrote him instructing him to put up his own barrier or my fence would come down. He in turn put up a thin 5 foot brick wall.

Now currently. I have replaced my chain link fence with an 8 foot brick wall. This wall was filled with cement and rebar and is a sturdy wall. This wall is on the inside of my property line. He is now tearing down his cheap brick wall and is planning on using my wall once again as his. Not only that he will be using what property is on the outside of my wall as his.

The question is what can I do at this point in time. I paid for my wall and he didn't put any money towards building it. Should I send him a bill for half of my wall? Make him put up something else in place of what he is tearing down? What . I am at my wits end. What do I do now??? Thank you for any help you can give me.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ArizonaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: you can't do anything as there is no law requiring him to build a wall.

yijung

I am also thinking about using my neighbor fence partially until I have money until I do the rest of my fence. I'm wondering if thats against the law...but asking the neighbors is the best way.

Anyways, you said he had a pool right? I think law requires that he has to have a 8 foot fence if he has a pool. At least in my county...

154NH773

**A: you can't do anything as there is no law requiring him to build a wall.
There may be such a law, as he has a pool. I would assume that the requirement for a fence around a pool might not be met by a neighbor's fence, but I could be wrong. Maybe HomeGuru might have some insite into that situation.
Anyway, you can put your neighbor on notice that he cannot do anything to your wall, or use your property on his side of the wall. (I hope you left enough room to maintain the wall on his side.)

There may be such a law, as he has a pool. I would assume that the requirement for a fence around a pool might not be met by a neighbor's fence, but I could be wrong. Maybe HomeGuru might have some insite into that situation.
Anyway, you can put your neighbor on notice that he cannot do anything to your wall, or use your property on his side of the wall. (I hope you left enough room to maintain the wall on his side.)
Good point. Because the OP could tear down his wall at anytime, leaving to pool open to children who would end up face down in it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">