• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ingress/Egress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbaxter967

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
When I purchase my 2 1/2 acres 7 yrs ago my sister bought the 2 1/2 south of me. At the time her property didn't have a viable access neither did mine so we established an easement through another persons property and I then granted her access down the western side of my property until the road on the south side of her property was usable. She lost the property to foreclosure and the bank owns it now and they are asking me grant them access via my property. The road to the south of the property is viable and access through my property isn't necessary anymore. In order to allow access I would have to remove my fence and electronic gate and they would pass by with in a few feet of my house. The grant was given to myself and my sister and states so. Now I want to revoke this grant of easement and I was wondering how to do it.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

154NH773

Since no one else has jumped in on this, I'll just make a few observations.
We cannot tell, since we don't know the exact wording of the easement, what you may do or not do.
Just going with what you said, it seems that once your sister no longer owns the property the easement is extinguished. That being said, we are also not sure of the ownership of the property. You said the bank owns it, but if it is in forclosure, are you certain of that?
You also said that there is access from another street, but is that access actually available for access to the property at the present time?
This could turn into a complicated situation, I'd advise talking to a local lawyer before doing anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">