• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

invasion of privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladypro

What is the name of your state? Colorado
We bought our house 5 years ago and got the neighbors from hell. First they complained that we were feeding the squirrels on their property and we needed to stop. I pointed out that the fence we were feeing the squirrels on went around the front of our property not theirs. Then the got mad that we fed the birds on our property. From there it went down hill fast. The couple is in their mid to late 50's, but the husband used to ride by in the car and stick his tongue out like a spoiled kid. Then he came on our property and threatened to beat my husband. After going to court and getting a restraining order things have gone from bad to terrible. Their kids lost their home and moved in with them. Now the son-in-law is threatening my husband. My husband is medically retired with COPD and liver trouble and doesn't need the stress, I work full time I really don't need any extra stress. When th police came out they said we needed to put up a camera to catch them for proof. Instead the neighbors put up TWO cameras, the back yard camera sits on their shed at the top of the hill pointing over the fence at our house. The side camera is on their house and points at our side yard and driveway. My husband got so upset that he went out and flipped the finger at the camera and made a nasty comment about the neighbors. That evening the police came over and issued him a summons to appear in court for harrassment. Seems like it is ok for them to have the camera pointed at our house and to listen to everything we say and do. I think this is an invasion of our privacy. Any thoughts or ideas we could us would be appreciated.

ian_m

Going outdoors and intentionally flipping the bird and saying bad things to the camera isn't invasion of privacy for them to monitor the camera.
But it does show you that the results could be good if you got you own camera for the neighbor, and just went about your normal life doing legal things in your own yard.

ian_m

here's the funny part. The police officer probably had the neighbor tell him that you were bugging him and "they didn't need the stress", so he probably recommended the camera to them also. Your husband blinked first, now hope that anything after this doesn't look like retaliation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">