• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

John

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JVarga

What is the name of your state? California. I live on the back property of a flag lot. There is a driveway down the north side of the proerty to allow the second and third property owners/tenanta access to their homes. I have been in the back house for four years with no problems. A new owner has recently moved into the front house he has begun to park his car, a dumpster, and construction workers vehicles in the driveway. Oftyen I must find someone to move a vehicle to allow me to pass. Often there is construcxtion materials that make it difficult if not impossible to pass. The dumpster while not blocking the drive makes it difficult to pass easily. The new owner says he has a 6 foot easement out into the drive from his fence the driveway runs from the property line (covered by a row of hedge in ten feet. The 6 foot line and the ten foot line overlap by about 4 feet. We have tried for months to get this guy to park his car and equipment out in the street unless in they are in use. He basically ignors us saying he has an easement. Do we have any right to demand he move any vehicles and the dumpster out of the way?

S

seniorjudge

JVarga said:
What is the name of your state? California. I live on the back property of a flag lot. There is a driveway down the north side of the proerty to allow the second and third property owners/tenanta access to their homes. I have been in the back house for four years with no problems. A new owner has recently moved into the front house he has begun to park his car, a dumpster, and construction workers vehicles in the driveway. Oftyen I must find someone to move a vehicle to allow me to pass. Often there is construcxtion materials that make it difficult if not impossible to pass. The dumpster while not blocking the drive makes it difficult to pass easily. The new owner says he has a 6 foot easement out into the drive from his fence the driveway runs from the property line (covered by a row of hedge in ten feet. The 6 foot line and the ten foot line overlap by about 4 feet. We have tried for months to get this guy to park his car and equipment out in the street unless in they are in use. He basically ignors us saying he has an easement. Do we have any right to demand he move any vehicles and the dumpster out of the way?

Q: Do we have any right to demand he move any vehicles and the dumpster out of the way?

A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">