• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landowners rights of an easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave63

Washington State,Piece County. We have a problem of speeding, spinning tires and general lack of respect of landowners as people cross our property. We've tried anti-harassment court with no help...Judge would not hear road issues.
There is a 60 ft road and utility easement.
A. The developer and or adjoining landowners and their successors shall bear the expense of constructing and maintaining all private roads and easements on this plat.
B. Unobstructed access width must be at least 24 ft for private road easement with additional easement for utilities.

My question is this...Can I put in dips on the easement, which is on my property, and do they have the right to fill these dips if they are within county specs for such? What rights do I have on this easement?
Can I put up an unlocked gate at the edges of my property across the easement?
Can I impose a speed limit to protect my children and small animals?
Do they have the right to ride motorcycles and horses on this easement (just for pleasure) which bother our animals?

123riya

Same problem in CA

California, unincorporated mountain area, San Diego County.

I hope you get a reply! My folks have the same issue- when my dad granted the easement across his property a gate (unlocked) was already in place. The first nice neigbor , no problem. Second to follow bashed it a little bit each time she pulled up to it and had to get out, til it finally fell apart and she claimed it "blocked her access". Thankfully she's gone. He wants to put his gate back up for safety reasons ,either an unlocked or electric with the code to give the neigbor who passes (speedily) across to access his property. He granted ingress/egress only; as long as he doesn't lock the neighbor out with the gate isn't that OK?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">