• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laws concerning property easements in OH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1nOnlyme

I live in Ohio. We own property that includes an easement for a new property owner building a house to gain access to the public road from our driveway. Said owner has put a new access driveway connected to our private driveway to our house. My question is what are my legal responsibilities concerning how much I have to accomodate them. Said owner is not happy with our current driveway which consists of gravel. Our deed shows one access point for the adjacent property. He is wanting to put in a second driveway to enable him to access a building that will sit farther back on his land. Do we by law have to accomodate him with a second access driveway and do we legally have to fix our driveway in a manner that suits his taste. We live in the country on a small farm. He is building a very expensive house. He is wishing to bring the ideas and park like attitude to this new piece of property and it is obvious that he thinks that we should improve our driveway to suit his idea of what it should be.

HomeGuru

I live in Ohio. We own property that includes an easement for a new property owner building a house to gain access to the public road from our driveway. Said owner has put a new access driveway connected to our private driveway to our house. My question is what are my legal responsibilities concerning how much I have to accomodate them. Said owner is not happy with our current driveway which consists of gravel. Our deed shows one access point for the adjacent property. He is wanting to put in a second driveway to enable him to access a building that will sit farther back on his land. Do we by law have to accomodate him with a second access driveway and do we legally have to fix our driveway in a manner that suits his taste. We live in the country on a small farm. He is building a very expensive house. He is wishing to bring the ideas and park like attitude to this new piece of property and it is obvious that he thinks that we should improve our driveway to suit his idea of what it should be.

**A: have an attorney review your recorded easement agreement and advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">