• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal boundaries for a pool

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Metairie1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana
Our neighbors have installed a pool and it is VERY close to the fence separating our houses. I looked on the internet and it found information stating that it should be 10 ft from the property line - is this true? I would be surprized it is even 5 feet!
What can I do? I would like to pursue this building violation further because their pool has now created non-stop parties and loud music and screaming till all hours.
I'm just looking for advice as to what office/department in town to bring this to their attention.

justalayman

You need to contact your local building department and inquire about the line set off concerning such type of construction. Many areas have a different requirement for a side lot line than they do from the back or the front line.

drewguy

Not to mention different setbacks for different things--houses, garages, other "structures" (which may include pools), etc.

This is a local/town/county issue.

dleighty

but even if they had to move it 5 more feet away,that wil not stop the noise from partys and music. may be better to talk to them about the noise,and try to get along .

drewguy

but even if they had to move it 5 more feet away,that wil not stop the noise from partys and music. may be better to talk to them about the noise,and try to get along .
Indeed, the proper department is the police or whoever handles noise violations.

HomeGuru

Yes, ask that the building inspector check th ings out. Maybe there is no building permit. Maybe the pool location is not following the setbacks as noted on the plans. Maybe you are unsure of the actual property boundary lines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">