• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maplebrookie

I own my townhouse which shares a porch & front walkway with the unit next door. The couple who own that unit, have just moved in their adult, recently released from jail druggie son. I have no contact with this man. But he's an instigator who thinks it's funny to let his overflowing garbage bags pile up on the porch for weeks at a time. He keeps perishable foods including milk & meat out there as well, and just brought home a pit bull, which howls for hours & hours. Today, I went out to remove snow from the walkway & discovered my side of the porch covered with paw prints & dog waste. There were also paw prints in my yard along with large human footprints. Of course he claims he doesn't have a dog, then he says the dog ran when he opened his front door, then shouts he's calling 911 because I've threatened him & the dog. He has family members at the local police department & in our municipal government who claim these incidents are "misunderstandings", and misdemeanor charges filed against him, always seem to get dismissed. Since this a**hole is never held responsible for anything he does, could damages be filed against his parents, the home owners for health violations, harassment, and intimidation?

Silverplum

I own my townhouse which shares a porch & front walkway with the unit next door. The couple who own that unit, have just moved in their adult, recently released from jail druggie son. I have no contact with this man. But he's an instigator who thinks it's funny to let his overflowing garbage bags pile up on the porch for weeks at a time. He keeps perishable foods including milk & meat out there as well, and just brought home a pit bull, which howls for hours & hours. Today, I went out to remove snow from the walkway & discovered my side of the porch covered with paw prints & dog waste. There were also paw prints in my yard along with large human footprints. Of course he claims he doesn't have a dog, then he says the dog ran when he opened his front door, then shouts he's calling 911 because I've threatened him & the dog. He has family members at the local police department & in our municipal government who claim these incidents are "misunderstandings", and misdemeanor charges filed against him, always seem to get dismissed. Since this a**hole is never held responsible for anything he does, could damages be filed against his parents, the home owners for health violations, harassment, and intimidation?
Name of your US state, please.

Then, what has he done that you think is illegal? What are your damages?

And there is no need or use for foul language in your post. Be more creative than that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">