• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodneighbor1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Our neighbor is planning to have a haunted forest for trick or treaters this year. The path will go through his wooded backyard as well as through part of ours. He will be posting signs saying "enter at your own risk" at the entrance. I am concerned about our legal liability if somebody gets hurt in the dark on the uneven paths. is it really enough to let visitors know that they do this at their own risk? I really don't want to upset my neighbor by not letting him use part of my property but I also do not want to be held accountable in case somebody gets hurt. Thanks for your advice!:)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">