• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Light nuisance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paul1969

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi

I am in England and wondered if anyone can help me regarding a letter I received from my neighbours solicitor. I am in dispute with my neighbour regarding my security light and received a letter about it. At the bottom of the letter the solicitor has put

'No further correspondence will be entered into'

Yours faithfully

Can anyone explain what that means. Am I not allowed to respond? or should I respond?

Many thanks

Paul

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi

I am in England and wondered if anyone can help me regarding a letter I received from my neighbours solicitor. I am in dispute with my neighbour regarding my security light and received a letter about it. At the bottom of the letter the solicitor has put

'No further correspondence will be entered into'

Yours faithfully

Can anyone explain what that means. Am I not allowed to respond? or should I respond?

Many thanks

Paul
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :cool:

justalayman

as thegeekess stated, this is a US forum but the statement you asked about is really a common sense issue.

If the lawyer said no further correspondence will be entered into., First, it means he didn't do very well in grammar class. In the US we tend to get away with ending a sentence with a preposition but I would expect those in England to follow the proper rules of English grammar.

Then, it is simply a statement that the solicitor (lawyer or attorney over here) is not going to enter into any sort of discussion on the matter with you. You can send a letter to him if you like. Last I knew, you still had a few basic freedoms left in England.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
as thegeekess stated, this is a US forum but the statement you asked about is really a common sense issue.

If the lawyer said no further correspondence will be entered into., First, it means he didn't do very well in grammar class. In the US we tend to get away with ending a sentence with a preposition but I would expect those in England to follow the proper rules of English grammar.

Then, it is simply a statement that the solicitor (lawyer or attorney over here) is not going to enter into any sort of discussion on the matter with you. You can send a letter to him if you like. Last I knew, you still had a few basic freedoms left in England.

I read the statement differently. To me, this sounds like the other party is done talking and is saying that the next step is court action.

This is why we don't DO UK law ;)

justalayman

I read the statement differently. To me, this sounds like the other party is done talking and is saying that the next step is court action.

This is why we don't DO UK law ;)

isn't that what I said? Obviously I did not go to the point that their next step is court because I have nothing but supposition to support that but I did say:

Then, it is simply a statement that the solicitor (lawyer or attorney over here) is not going to enter into any sort of discussion on the matter with you.
In other words; they are done communicating with the OP. Of course there is a presumption that the next step would be court but given what little was posted, I just didn't extend it that far.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
isn't that what I said? Obviously I did not go to the point that their next step is court because I have nothing but supposition to support that but I did say:

In other words; they are done communicating with the OP. Of course there is a presumption that the next step would be court but given what little was posted, I just didn't extend it that far.
Fair enough :)

paul1969

Thankyou for your reply. I realise this is a US forum but we dont seem to have anything as good as this one over in the uk.

What you have said does make sense and I thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">