• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Limited use of driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keeker

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Less than a year ago, a new family moved in next door. Our driveway is shared. There is plenty of room for my car and theirs to park in front of our respective garages, and also plenty of room to park side by side ahead of the houses. However, between the actual houses, the driveway is thinner. They continue to park in the middle, between the houses, making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to back my car out without nearly hitting theirs. I have asked them nicely to not park there, but they don't care. They claim they're on their side, but they are limiting my use of my driveway. In the winter, I need to park my car in the garage or it has trouble starting. But I am afraid I will hit their car backing out because there is not enough room to get out safely, especially if the driveway is icey.

Is there some kind of law against neighbors limiting the use of one's own property? What should I do?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">