• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Line lot agreement I

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kfbarnes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NYS - My family needs to split 41.0 acres of a rectangular piece of property down the middle. The property is in probate and I was told that I needed a surveyor to divide the property before deeds can be drawn up. What is a lot line adjustmentment agreement and how does it work in new york state. What papers need to be drawn up to show the boundries and who draws them up, also what is the cost. Thank you for your input.

154NH773

If you are splitting the lot, it is not a lot-line adjustment, it is a subdivision. Subdivisions normally have to get approval from a local planning board and have to meet certain criteria (frontages on roads, minimum lot size, etc.)

You can only do a lot line adjustment if the properties are already in two deeds, and you just want to adjust the location of the dividing boundary. You normally need local planning board approval for a lot line adjustment for the same reasons as a subdivision (mimimum lot sizes, frontage, etc.)

The local ordinances or subdivision regulations will tell you what surveys, etc are needed. Talk to the local town officials to determine the process.

HomeGuru

If you are splitting the lot, it is not a lot-line adjustment, it is a subdivision. Subdivisions normally have to get approval from a local planning board and have to meet certain criteria (frontages on roads, minimum lot size, etc.)

You can only do a lot line adjustment if the properties are already in two deeds, and you just want to adjust the location of the dividing boundary. You normally need local planning board approval for a lot line adjustment for the same reasons as a subdivision (mimimum lot sizes, frontage, etc.)

The local ordinances or subdivision regulations will tell you what surveys, etc are needed. Talk to the local town officials to determine the process.
**A: I agree. good response.

quincy

This thread is from 2012.

George143, your addition to this old thread added nothing of value, especially for the original poster who has not been seen on this forum since January 29, 2012.

Your post has been reported for moderator review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">