• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loud Music in Residential Neighborhood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guypersone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. I am renting a small house located in my landlords back yard in St Petersburg. The property next door is a Bed and Breakfast which advertises as a "Rock and Roll Bed and Breakfast". They are constantly playing loud music at all hours and have started to turn it up so loud that it actually rattles my windows. It's making just being at home no longer enjoyable. The police department has stated that they will not come out to force them to turn the music down unless it is between 11:00 pm to 8:00 am (I call every time I hear the music during those hours). The bed and breakfast is also operating without a license. Do I have any recourse against the bed and breakfast itself to get this noise issue resolved?? If the city doesn't enforce the law and shut it down since it doesn't have a license, do I have any recourse against the city??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">