• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mailbox quest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybear

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

I have 2 of my neighbors mailboxes on my property. One of the neighbors has put a monster mailbox in between the other 2 boxes. The problem I have is that the monster mailbox also has their house number on a long metal strip they have attached to the top of the monster mailbox. This causes problems because many delivery drivers look at the mailboxes and when they see their number on top they drive by and miss my house. Some people find it near impossible to find my house even though I have my house number next to the front door. The neighbor to my side complained to me because the pizza delivery driver went there confused after she told her kids no to pizza, for some reason she was very pissed at me and told me to put up house numbers when she was actually standing right next to them. They are even lit up. ??

Anyway my question is can I regulate the way that the neighbor displays their street address on their mailbox? Can I ask them to remove the sign on top of their mailbox and just put the number on the front like the two other mailboxes?

I also have my house number on the side of my mailbox to try to help but it still isn't clear.

These are very grumpy old neighbors and I don't want to approach them until I know my rights.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

marshalAK

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

I have 2 of my neighbors mailboxes on my property. One of the neighbors has put a monster mailbox in between the other 2 boxes. The problem I have is that the monster mailbox also has their house number on a long metal strip they have attached to the top of the monster mailbox. This causes problems because many delivery drivers look at the mailboxes and when they see their number on top they drive by and miss my house. Some people find it near impossible to find my house even though I have my house number next to the front door. The neighbor to my side complained to me because the pizza delivery driver went there confused after she told her kids no to pizza, for some reason she was very pissed at me and told me to put up house numbers when she was actually standing right next to them. They are even lit up. ??

Anyway my question is can I regulate the way that the neighbor displays their street address on their mailbox? Can I ask them to remove the sign on top of their mailbox and just put the number on the front like the two other mailboxes?

I also have my house number on the side of my mailbox to try to help but it still isn't clear.

These are very grumpy old neighbors and I don't want to approach them until I know my rights.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You could just talk to them, you know. Try to understand why they have their mailbox signage the way they do - and let them know what issues it's causing for you. See if you can't come up with a mutually agreeable compromise. Make a point of empathizing why they have their mailbox the way they do. Get creative.

Go in with the attitude of problem solver. Going in there armed with your rights and an attitude won't help.

justalayman

Some people find it near impossible to find my house even though I have my house number next to the front door.
the mailbox is obviously not their problem.

It sounds like you have more of a problem with people not being able to read numbers than the mailbox situation. If there are 3 boxes there and people simply drive by based on the number on the large one, obviously it is the delivery folks' fault for not looking. If there 3 boxes, there are obviously 3 separate addresses invovled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">