• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintenance man abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amoniaave

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
I live in a complex where the person in charge knows that one of the maintenance men put a camera in my apt and I found out about it from another maintenance guy by accident. I reported it he was supposedly terminated and is now back and causing as much issue as he has in the past is this behavior legal? He hid a camera in my apt to make a fool of me or try and I find out then he gets back with no,problem and he continues to play games and hit on my wife and all the woman here and mngmt ignores it. He is married and has 5 kids. But obviously has no care for anything but himself - how do we legally stop,this.

justalayman

Did you ever report the camera issue to the police? It was in fact s crime.

Your statements regarding current activities is vague. If you believe any criminal actions are taking place, contact the police. Otherwise I would write (actually written corresponds sent via usps, registered would be good) to the landlord describing whatever activity you believe is out of line or not allowable. If it isn't unlawful activity the police can't do anything about it and the landlord wouldn't generally be required to do anything about it. If you could describe some of the problematic activities better it may help in providing you with some direction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">