• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mentally Ill Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artgal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

There's a young man in my complex, early 20's, who has had issues with suicide and is taking some sort of medication although he can drive and has had jobs. In recent times he has taken to blasting music all hours of the day and night, and we have been calling the police on him each time.

Same thing tonight, and the officer asked if I wanted to file a formal complaint (the police have heard his music firsthand) since they have been out so often, and I said yes.

The officer came back shortly and told me that because of his "condition" they couldn't file a complaint. So isn't there any action that can be taken? Just because he has had problems should not be a free pass.

My parents ran a mental patient board and care home when I was young, and I have mentally ill family, so I have hands-on experience, but this man seems to be ill when it suits HIM.

I can NOT move at this time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">