• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Brothers Crazy Neibor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lokisnotalawyer

What is the name of your state? CALI

Ok this is convoluted and involves several legal issues so bare with me. The basic issue is a property line dispute. My brother (8 years in home) gets a new neighbor about 18 months ago. As soon as they moved in the neighbor hired a surveyor who came over and determined that the property line was off by several feet, but never recorded the survey. Based on this information the neibors tore down his fence (fence was in place for 30 years) and had a contractor put up a new one that cut right across and blocks my brothers drive way. The county has since determined that the surveyor went off another marker that wasn’t recorded either and has sent a letter to the surveyor to provide a map and/or correct it( its clearly wrong accorring to the county surveyor). This property dispute has gotten ugly! The new neibors have put up cameras that look over a 8 foot privacy fence and into their home (is this illegal?), My brother walked along the outside of the fence (on his property) taking pictures of the disputed boundary and the neibors had him arrested (police are calling it a citizens arrest?) for trespassing and used the cameras pointed into his yard as evidence, he was on his property! The neibors have also taken to putting up sign vulgar signs with obscenities and slandering them as drug dealers and such (like I said they are CRAZY!), and his kids are forced to see this slander every day. In addition they have blocked a creek and diverted the flow into his back yard. So my questions are:

1) Are the camera into his home (over an 8-foot fence) illegal/a tort?
2) Is the blocking of the creek/ drainage (he lives on a mountain) Illegal
3) Is the contractor who built the new fence libel?
4) Is the surveyor libel?
5) Are the vulgar and defaming signs a tort or a child welfare issue?
6) Does adverse position or imminent domine apply seeing as the property line has been that way for 30 years or more.
7) Does he have a claim against his title insurance?
8) Can he sue for being wrongfully arrested on his own property?
9) does the neighbors action constitute and invasion of privacy, harassment ect?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">