• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My dad's property boundries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maredot

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My dad bought land over 12 years ago. There was chicken coops that were half on his land and half on the other land. The old owners of the land told him that he can use the coops. Then 9 years later a new owner buys the land. The newer owners never told him to remove the coops or the chickens. Now, being three years later she has started to complain about the chickens, the noise and she orders him to remove the coops off her side of the land. She never complained that he was maintaining the property pretty well. But lately she has wanted to put up a privacy fence. He has proof that he has put money time and sweat into the small portion of the land. She didn't mind the way that he cut her trees and small details like that. Since he has proof of maintaining the small part of her property. Can he have legal rights to the land. The man on caticorner to my dad and the newer owner used to own the property and said that the old owner said that he can do the same thing. Some different people said that if you can show that you maintained that part of the land that it automaticly becomes my dad's land is that right and legal?

HomeGuru

maredot said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

My dad bought land over 12 years ago. There was chicken coops that were half on his land and half on the other land. The old owners of the land told him that he can use the coops. Then 9 years later a new owner buys the land. The newer owners never told him to remove the coops or the chickens. Now, being three years later she has started to complain about the chickens, the noise and she orders him to remove the coops off her side of the land. She never complained that he was maintaining the property pretty well. But lately she has wanted to put up a privacy fence. He has proof that he has put money time and sweat into the small portion of the land. She didn't mind the way that he cut her trees and small details like that. Since he has proof of maintaining the small part of her property. Can he have legal rights to the land. The man on caticorner to my dad and the newer owner used to own the property and said that the old owner said that he can do the same thing. Some different people said that if you can show that you maintained that part of the land that it automaticly becomes my dad's land is that right and legal?

**A: dad needs to move the coops off of the neighbors property. He has no rights to the neighbors land. Search adverse possession and see why. His use of the land was permissive and not notorious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">