• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it my fence & railing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momeagle36

PA,
I live in a half a double the person who lives on the other side recently nailed a small section of fence (7ft long by 4ft high) she made of 2x4's & plastic lattice to my deck in my yard. I asked her to remove it & she told me no & there was nothing I could do about it, so I kicked it off of my deck she then went on a rant & started calling me names & proceeed to tell me she owned my deck & she owns the fence in the yard, I aksed her how this was possible & she stated the deck is over the property line & therefore she ownes it. I hired a surveyor to come to my house and check the property line and clearly the deck is on my property by 2 1/2 inches. the fence runs right down the middle of the yard right on the property line but my late husband and I placed it there 24 years ago and my current husband and I have maintained it. Also the railing on the front steps was placed there prior to this woman moving in by my current husband and I and this also sits right on the center of the property line and she wants to move it a few inches to her side of the steps. what can I do? she is not someone you can talk to .

JustAPal00

PA,
I live in a half a double the person who lives on the other side recently nailed a small section of fence (7ft long by 4ft high) she made of 2x4's & plastic lattice to my deck in my yard. I asked her to remove it & she told me no & there was nothing I could do about it, so I kicked it off of my deck she then went on a rant & started calling me names & proceeed to tell me she owned my deck & she owns the fence in the yard, I aksed her how this was possible & she stated the deck is over the property line & therefore she ownes it. I hired a surveyor to come to my house and check the property line and clearly the deck is on my property by 2 1/2 inches. the fence runs right down the middle of the yard right on the property line but my late husband and I placed it there 24 years ago and my current husband and I have maintained it. Also the railing on the front steps was placed there prior to this woman moving in by my current husband and I and this also sits right on the center of the property line and she wants to move it a few inches to her side of the steps. what can I do? she is not someone you can talk to .
You own it! She has no right to paint it, screw anything to it, or put nails in it. Send her a certified letter telling her that you will pursue vandalism charges if she does it again. That being said, if any part of your property is accross the property line she can request you move it off her property. If you don't, she can remove it ans send you the bill!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">