• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lrotola

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law
florida
my neighbor and i share his well. an arrangement that was in place before i bought my house 9 yrs ago. i pay the electric to run the well, we both get water. he has never complained about this arrangement. yesterday via regular mail he sent me notice that today or tomorrow i will no longer have access to his well. i told him he had to give me 30 days notice at least, and his letter should have been certified, signature required. i also reminded him that i have horses. without water they will die in this heat. turning off my water puts them in danger. his response to my tearful request was to "give him 15'x200' of my property & move my fence (which is already 5' within my property line) and i may use his well.
today i sent him a cerified letter requesting 6 months to save the money to put my own well in. he has also cut my fence, put a gate in, removed my fencing while i was at work all without my permission. he put my horses at risk of escape while i was at work all without permission from me. how do i legally stop him?

TigerD

If you can talk to him, ask him why the change and the tone of his approach. You should also talk to a local real estate attorney.

DC

justalayman

If he is serious about shutting of water to you, you need to get to court and get an injunction preventing him from doing anything of the sort.

you should also seek an injunction preventing any actions against you or your property until this gets settled.

along with that, you need to call the police about the damage to your fence.

Is there anything written as far as this agreement for the well goes?

csi7

You need to ensure that the property line is marked. Why is your fence five feet in?
Your neighbor is responsible to put the fence back the way it was before.
The water issue can also bring along animal cruelty charges as well.

nextwife

Is there a shared well agreement? Have you reviewed your title Owner's policy to see what, if any, provisions for sharing the well exist on the t5itle?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">