• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbor has 3 boats in his front yard!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zBernie

I live in Bucks County Pennsylvania. My neighbor has a Cabin Cruiser which is parked right on the other side of my fence. He has jet skies, several vehicles, a camper, and engine hoist contraption, and just recently added a small boat with outboard motor, and one of those inflatable rafts with an engine. It's looks like a boat yard!

So, I called the Licensing & Inspection department, and was told there are ordinances which prohibit parking boats on your lawn. I spoke with the inspector, and she told me that there were 11 citations issued, and that after about 1 1/2 years in court, he was found guilty, and fined $11,000. I told the inspector that he just got two more boats and parked them in his front lawn over the past several weeks! She kept repeating that "We've done all that we can". I took her name and told her I was going to contact a lawyer to see if there was anything else that can be done.

Is there anything else that can be done? Maybe he just paid the fines and is keeping his boats parked there? What good are ordinances then?

adjusterjack

Sorry, but ordinances are useless against people like that.

Ordnance, on the other hand...(just kidding).

I've lived next to crappy neighbors like that and ended up selling the house and moving elsewhere.

I realize that's not always practical or cost effective but it worked for me.

You can consult an attorney and you might have grounds for a private nuisance lawsuit but you'll only end up spending a lot of money on attorney fees and likely get no further than the authorities got.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">