• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbor parks in my front yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bethriley

What is the name of your state? Texas

There are no curbs along the street in my neighborhood so people often parallel park their cars in the grass along the street. My next door neighbor thinks that there is a public easement that allows anyone who lives on our street to parallel park in the grass in anyone's front yard on our street. My title commitment lists a public utility easement 10 ft. along the rear property line. It also mentions a drainage easement 15 ft. on each side of all natural drainage courses. There is no mention of any other easement.
In my state or city (Houston) is there a public easement that allows my neighbor to parallel park her car in my grass in my front yard along the street? (FYI: There is a ditch approx. 7 ft. from the street that runs through all of our front yards so cars are parked between this ditch and the street. The ditch is maintained by the city which occasionally digs it out but we mow it.)

divgradcurl

bethriley said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

There are no curbs along the street in my neighborhood so people often parallel park their cars in the grass along the street. My next door neighbor thinks that there is a public easement that allows anyone who lives on our street to parallel park in the grass in anyone's front yard on our street. My title commitment lists a public utility easement 10 ft. along the rear property line. It also mentions a drainage easement 15 ft. on each side of all natural drainage courses. There is no mention of any other easement.
In my state or city (Houston) is there a public easement that allows my neighbor to parallel park her car in my grass in my front yard along the street? (FYI: There is a ditch approx. 7 ft. from the street that runs through all of our front yards so cars are parked between this ditch and the street. The ditch is maintained by the city which occasionally digs it out but we mow it.)
The easiest way to get the most correct answer to your question would be to contact your local parking enforcement people, and ask them where it is legal to park when no curb exists.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">