• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbors versus us.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manicx

What is the name of your state?Tennessee

History

13 years ago my family built our current house. There is a strip of land between our house and neighbors that goes to a small farm that belongs to another neighbor, who was also the developer of our neighborhood. When the property was bought we made a contract with the developer that basically says if sewer lines come through the area and the planning commission allows it, we have to sell the property back to him for $1. 8 years ago we agreed to let the developer build a small gravel road to get to his farm, on the property in question. This road doesn't go down on the property lines but splits the strip 10-foot away from the neighbors lines.

Now the problem.

The developer's relatives use the property to access some houses on the farm that does not have any other access owned by them, they're kind of on an island in the developers land (not a literal island), and the neighbor wants that 10-foot strip on the other side of the gravel road near their property. The neighbor says he has an easement since the road was built, and the developers relatives (who have been busted for buying, selling, and manufacturing drugs, LOL) are just disrespectful coming and going at all times, letting animal expel feces on our property, riding their dirt bikes on our property, and the drugs, of course.

My question.

Do either one of these people have any standing in court if they try to take the land?
Also, can I bust either one for trespassing if I post "No Trespassing" signs?

I will be getting the property surveyed soon because our stakes have gone missing, we believe by the neighbors, and we knew where the stakes were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">