• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbour hold up my wife and child in the elevator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bladerunner2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I would need advice regarding an incident happened recently.
We live in a building apartment on 4th floor and we have issues with our neighbour on the 3rd floor he always complains that our daughter is making too much noise. We have carpets in every room as required.

Last night my wife and my toddler daugther took the elevator to come home. My neighbour was also in the elevator. He exit the elevator on the 3rd floor and was holding the door. When my wife told him to let the door go he started cursing her and he said that from now on he's going to make her life miserable. My wife got really scared ! We called the police and they came to our house but they said this is not their problem and we should discuss it with building management.

Should I take this as a serious treat from my neighbour? How should I address this issue ?
Thank you for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">