• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My new neighbor wants me to move my driveway.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

3eidsons

What is the name of your state? ca. My new neighbor who just bought the property next to me had the land survied and wants to build a barbed wire fence.A small portion of my driveway crosses the line. The driveway has been in place for 15 years.Do I have to relocate my driveway? The other issue is I have children and am not to thrilled about barbed wire running along side of my property where the kids play.Is there anything I can do about that?

FarmerJ

Your county zoning dept can tell you if barbed wire is permitted and under what conditions it is not. AS far as the new nieghbor goes if you want to go to the expense of having a survey done to confirm the lot line and learn that it matches the neighbors survey then you know for sure where your lot lines are and how to react. Other wise If you already suspect the neighbors survey is correct just do what you need to do to move the driveway. It is possible the nieghbor will be there a long time and if you take the time to read up other postings related to neighbor problems you will see just how bad some can become as far as bad blood goes between neighbors. BTW IF you have any doubt about your lot lines get your own survey done and get your lot marked out like with pipe pounded in or something that wont just go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">