• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need easement or right of way!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

auber

What is the name of your state? CA

Myself and two cousins own the property that was homesteaded by our greatgrandparents in 1854. The problem lies in that the 20 acres I own is landlocked by one of the cousins. There is a road through his property, part of mine and then reaches the other cousin's property. This road has been in existance since it was homesteaded and has always been in use. The one cousin says I have no easement or right of way, and cannot sell my property!
Is this correct? and what can I do to get things moving! :(

HomeGuru

auber said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Myself and two cousins own the property that was homesteaded by our greatgrandparents in 1854. The problem lies in that the 20 acres I own is landlocked by one of the cousins. There is a road through his property, part of mine and then reaches the other cousin's property. This road has been in existance since it was homesteaded and has always been in use. The one cousin says I have no easement or right of way, and cannot sell my property!
Is this correct? and what can I do to get things moving! :(
**A: that cousin is ignorant. There is an unrecorded prescriptive easement.
Hire an attorney to perfect this easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">