• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need form for Survey/Property Line Notification Letter to Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CutterStark

What is the name of your state? CA

We recently surveyed our property in preparation for some renovation. It turns out the fences of two neighbors are on our property, only by a few feet. However, those few feet are critical for the setback requirements for renovations. In one case the neighbors house is less than two feet from our property line, and if the fence were actually on the property line, they would not be able to squeze between their house and the fence. We don't want to take any action or make a fuss, but we do want to preserve our rights just in case. I have reviewed other posts that suggest a certified letter notifying the neighbors of the survey results, granting permission to use the property. My two questions are

1) It seems we should be able to draft a letter without the expense of an attorney, are there forms we can use or specific language we should include?

2) If we don't want to push it, and we don't think we will get a signed response from either neighbor, are we better off just sending a certified return receipt letter, and not asking for a signed copy of our letter back?

I should add we bought the property in 2001. We don't know when the fences were built

Eric

Last edited:

PghREA

Your need to bit the bullet and hire an attorney to write your letter if you want it done right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">