• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jci63

Michigan:

I. history of the property:

In the 40's a family named phipps traded their patent to the state of michigan for about 65 acres

in the 70's or 80's the widow sold it through blank realty in lewiston to don and delores. these people had an amish built log cabin built on these 20 or so acres. they sold about 15 on the other side of hunt creek to pay cash for the house.

in about the 90's they sold these 20 acres to patsy and charles; the 10 acres next door to charlie; and the 15 acres next to him to vickie and john through at times state wide real estate and george salesman and bob salesman.

in 2000 we bought these 20 acres from patsy and charles through state wide real estate in atlanta. george was the salesman.

all 4 of us owners of this 20 acres thought the wire between this property and hunt creek road was the boundary between this property and state land. this meant the state owned about 75 feet or so between the property and the road

II. history of what is happening to me on these 20 acres:

couple of months ago the dnr said they wanted to clear cut their land. when i went to their meeting to get them to change clear cut (which by the way i did. it is now scattered cut) they said they owned 300 feet between hunt creek road and my property

if that is so. add to their 75 feet, my front yard, my house, and my back yard!!!

none of the 4 owners ever had this land surveyed.

recently the dnr e mailed me that this week the surveyors were coming out and would be done in a day or two.. i met the surveyor way down at the corner of hunt creek road and fish lab road and they told me they would call me before they come down my way and that it would be about 3 weeks.

today i went to state wide real estate. he said based on my legal description the property probably had never been surveyed. i know next door charllie and next door to him vickie had their property surveyed.

III. most curious part:

i have the 2004 plat book (i bought the property in 2000) and it shows the state owning a tiny sliver of land off hunt creek road and behind that sliver is the large 20 acre section owned by Judy and john (me)!

i also have the 2007 plat book that shows the REVERSE. the state owns a huge section off hunt creek road and behind that huge section is a very small portion belonging to judy (me)!

this is what the dnr map depicts. cody showed it to me when he came out to show me what scatter cut meant in relation to the trees on "their" property. i asked him how he knew that was 300 feet. he said that they estimated it. well based on the scale that huge section is about 300 feet!

cody also asked if i knew where the property line was. he said that they didn't know either and that he had stopped at the court house before coming to my house and found that they have no record because of the two fires they have had. so he said he would order a survey.

someone at i think it was at the blank title company in atlanta said because all records were destroyed that the state published in the newspaper in the 80's that they owned EAST of the northwest quarter and that i own WEST of the northwest quarter.

also, when i attended the meeting to voice my concern about clear cutting (and at which john changed it to scatter cut, basal area of i think it is 20 feet, and to leave trees to protect and shelter my out buildings from hunt creek road) they showed up on the screen on the wall that plat map that showed the state owning a huge section of land off hunt creek road.

the historical dept in lansing might have record of this property - when in the 40's the phipps traded their patent for about 65 acres here from the state. but i haven't gotten there yetWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">