• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help neighbors harassing my familly dont knw wat to do!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hdiaz07

my family is being harrassed by a neighbor that lives around 100ft. from them. my family are term. ill and are scared of what this lady is capible of doing next.she has done everything from calling the police for their dog barking, leaves burning, to sending a petition around to try and forcr my family to rebuild or sale their property. this lady is causing my family grief and restricting them from the time they have left to be happy with us. other neighbors have told us but we have not witnessed them having servallince camra directed towards our home. she has made false accusations toward my family to police that have costed my family money in court apperance. is their anything that we may do to keep this lady and her family on their side of the street n out of our hair.....legally. it just so happens that her husband is a local attorney in our area. what can be done legally to get them to stop??? need some help going crazy tired of police coming to my famillies house for no reason help plz

justalayman

calling the police for their dog barking
not illegal if the dog is barking

,calling the police for leaves burning
not illegal of there are leaves burning

, to sending a petition around to try and forcr my family to rebuild or sale their property.
worthless but not illegal

them having servallince camra directed towards our home.
if it is from a vantage point that is legal for them, nothing illegal about it

she has made false accusations toward my family to police that have costed my family money in court apperance
has she spoken to the police about false police reports? Has she considered suing the neighbor for malicious prosecution?

. is their anything that we may do to keep this lady and her family on their side of the street
based on what you have said; no. If it is public property, she has as much right to walk on your side of the street as you do.

need some help going crazy tired of police coming to my famillies house for no reason help plz
the only thing I can think of, and this depends on what has actually happened, is a restraining order for harassment. It is up to a court to issue but other than that, I do not see any actions available to you.

dlw99

Have you tried mediation?

If you can't reason with your neighbors on your own, you could ask them in writing if they'd like to share the cost of professional mediation services.

Another option would be to install video cameras that operate 24/7 with DVR recording. This will limit neighbor's ability to make false police reports.

If you can afford it, be sure to get infrared cameras that record at night.

This is an expensive option, but much cheaper than a lawsuit, or God forbid, defending yourselves against criminal complaints. Cameras don't lie.

You don't want to go to court with a bunch of ''he said, she said'' stories, because it will dampen your credibility if/when hostilies escalate. Check your state laws regarding video AND audio recording. If necessary, be sure that you notify neighbors you are recording them, and state the reason as defense against their ongoing false reports to the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">