• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help! Out Of Control nerighbor is threating and unpredictable.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RwR93

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My neighbor moved in last year to our apartment complex, and has caused us so much trouble. she is a heroin addict and addicted to god knows what else. Her boyfriend or whatever is bipolar and also a drug addict. We were good neighbors to her and talked here and there, let her borrow sugar here and there. Then we found out who she really was. They punch, throw things at the one wall connecting our apartment to theirs, scream inside and outside at all hours of the night and day. We(My family and me) would call the cops, because we were worried. However after 10 or so times of the cops taking the boyfriend away she would get mad at us for calling the cops. Awhile ago we had a petition made for them to leave and literally all of our neighbors(More then 30) signed it because we were all sick of them yelling every excuse they could for attention, and cops being called. We turned it in to the lanlord and she said they had to leave. She just gave me a envolope and card she said that was for my mom today. i was being nosey, and read it. it was a letter full of religous rambbling of how she loves my mom and had my dads old shredded W-2's attached(which were thrown away a year ago) and said my dad had to leave for blank amount of days or 'something' would happen to his identity. The lanlord decided to not make them move today also, and she decided to threaten us that she was a snitch. My family doesnt do anything that she could snitch on. How do i get these people out for good?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My neighbor moved in last year to our apartment complex, and has caused us so much trouble. she is a heroin addict and addicted to god knows what else. Her boyfriend or whatever is bipolar and also a drug addict. We were good neighbors to her and talked here and there, let her borrow sugar here and there. Then we found out who she really was. They punch, throw things at the one wall connecting our apartment to theirs, scream inside and outside at all hours of the night and day. We(My family and me) would call the cops, because we were worried. However after 10 or so times of the cops taking the boyfriend away she would get mad at us for calling the cops. Awhile ago we had a petition made for them to leave and literally all of our neighbors(More then 30) signed it because we were all sick of them yelling every excuse they could for attention, and cops being called. We turned it in to the lanlord and she said they had to leave. She just gave me a envolope and card she said that was for my mom today. i was being nosey, and read it. it was a letter full of religous rambbling of how she loves my mom and had my dads old shredded W-2's attached(which were thrown away a year ago) and said my dad had to leave for blank amount of days or 'something' would happen to his identity. The lanlord decided to not make them move today also, and she decided to threaten us that she was a snitch. My family doesnt do anything that she could snitch on. How do i get these people out for good?
How old are you if you are still living with your mom and dad?

CdwJava

she is a heroin addict and addicted to god knows what else. Her boyfriend or whatever is bipolar and also a drug addict.
And you KNOW she is a "heroin addict" and that her boyfriend is "bipolar" and "a drug addict" how? Did they admit this to you? Or, are you just making a guess?

They punch, throw things at the one wall connecting our apartment to theirs, scream inside and outside at all hours of the night and day.
And only drug addicted bipolar people do this, right?

Clearly they have some problems, but I hope that is not what you are using to draw assumptions about their faults or clinical issues.

We(My family and me) would call the cops, because we were worried. However after 10 or so times of the cops taking the boyfriend away she would get mad at us for calling the cops.
If the police have taken him away ten times, I suspect he'd be in jail for repeated domestic violence and violation of criminal protective orders. It is more likely that he may have been arrested a time or two, but that most of the time he volunteers to leave after they tell the cops it was verbal and noisy, but not physical. The police cannot arrest for an argument, but they can ASK if one party or the other might want to leave for the night.

Awhile ago we had a petition made for them to leave and literally all of our neighbors(More then 30) signed it because we were all sick of them yelling every excuse they could for attention, and cops being called. We turned it in to the lanlord and she said they had to leave.
Good. That's the best way to get rid of a problem tenant.

She just gave me a envolope and card she said that was for my mom today. i was being nosey, and read it. it was a letter full of religous rambbling of how she loves my mom and had my dads old shredded W-2's attached(which were thrown away a year ago) and said my dad had to leave for blank amount of days or 'something' would happen to his identity.
And when mom and dad called the police to report this, what were they told? I suspect they will have been told that no crime has YET occurred.

The lanlord decided to not make them move today also, and she decided to threaten us that she was a snitch.
bad for the landlord as the management is now put in a precarious position of liability.

And what do you mean that "she" threatened you that she was a snitch? Is "she" the neighbor? And who would she snitch on? And why? Or is she claiming to be some sort of a "snitch" for the police and trying to infer that this would get you in trouble?

My family doesnt do anything that she could snitch on. How do i get these people out for good?
You can't. Assuming your mom and dad are the tenants to the apartment, THEY and other tenants can work with the landlord to try and get the neighbors out. If that doesn't work you can move, your mom and dad can move, or you can simply ride it out and wait for things to hit critical mass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">