• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor is blocking right of way of private way with vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tracyhugs

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts I have land that abutts a private way. My deed states that I have use of private way and rights of way used in connection with my land, for all purpose for which rights of way are commonly used. It states that the private way is 20'. I have a neighbor who is blocking the right of way of this private way with their vehicle. I was told by the accessors office to call the police and the police stated they can't do anything. I was told of a law (title 720) from a local law library which basically states that no one can block any street or private way and will be towed. I was also told by someone in the area that everyone owns half way out onto the street. When I retrieved my deed and lot map, I noticed that this neighbor has a enclosed porch built onto the street. I also know that the prior owner built the porch, but I don't know yet if they had permission. I have been in that area the longest of all neighbors. What are my rights and is there anything I can file in court to make this neighbor from blocking this private way. Thanks :(

FarmerJ

Your best bet is to bring copys of your easement to a local real estate atty and have them review them ,AND do a letter for you threatening to take him to court if it has to come to that . You can use the links up top to arrange for a consultation when you find any listings for local attys there .

T

tracyhugs

when you state easement, do you mean the private way?

Hi,
you stated I should bring copies of the easements to a lawyer to lookover, do you mean the deed and map? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">