• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor building retaining wall 3 inches over line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brassforme

What is the name of your state?NH
My neighbor is currently having a retaining wall built. The company he hired removed the survey pin and has built the wall about 3 inches over the lot line. I know it is over the line because they cut the sidewalk at the pin marker before it was removed and they are now past the cut mark. Can they remove a survey pin? He did pay to have the survey done. What can I do about the wall being over. When I talked to him about it, he didn't seem to really care.

Thank you for your advice!
Theressa

brassforme

Because it's my land

and on tight city lots every inch counts. Besides I already GAVE him 7 inches to put on an addition.

brassforme

after he adds the fence along the line it will be 3 inches x 150 ft

Even if this is a trifle amount of land can't I remove his wall and fence that has yet to be added, if it is on my side of the line? Because the fence would be on my side of the line. The retaining wall runs the length of the front of his house turns in at our mutual line and then will be continued on by a fence.
Isn't removing a surveyor's monument illegal?

I know it's a small amount to quibble over but say I don't say anything and he moves the fence in a few inches too... and so on.. and then I let the guy on the other side do the same... when and if I go to sell without defined lines wouldn't that be a problem?

Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">