• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Conflict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joliven

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

We purchased a townhome in South Jersey 3 years ago. The townhouse development is a de minimus PUD with a Home Owners Association charged with enforcing the restrictive covenants in the PUD documents.

During the last 2 years, my neighbor and I have developed a contentious relationship. My neighbor and their family have no respect for our right to privacy nor our property rights. They go out of their way to irritate and annoy us; and, the problems continue to escalate. Often, they will have friends over and they participate in the actions i.e. - they send visiting children over to play in our yard with our childrens toys and the "jungle gym". A huge friend of theirs stood in our driveway and dared my husband to move him.

They threaten us constantly in word and actions. I erected a fence between our two properties; however, the HOA prevents us from enclosing the property completely. So, now, they go around the fence and come onto our property. The fence has a 30 inch set back; however, they are utilizing the set back area (zone between our property line and the fence) as a flower bed. They constantly strike at the fence and threaten to knock it down.

We have called the police when threats have been made; but, it is our word against theirs and the police refuse to act. It is not getting better. In fact, it is getting worse; and, I am afraid for my family and what might happen. I can not afford to move, nor do I want to; but, I don't know how much longer I can live with the stress and fear. Please advise. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">