• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor cuts my bushes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deweys1966

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
I have a small strip of land about 3 feet wide that my mailbox sits on along with 3 bradford pear trees, several flowering perinneals, flowering tall shrubs which are on the outside of my tall fence and finally a medium size weeping willow. This all borders my neighbors small yard. His home is about three feet off my property line and he drains his gutters on to my property and drains his overflow from his hot waterheater on to my property. The water pools on our property line causing a mudhole and kills the grass. It is always wet here. We have the same grass & tree gardener who comes weekly. The neighbor feels the need to cut my grass and bushes in the spring and fall. He has killed the flowers and made the tall blooming bushes ugly. He also cuts the grass under the willow which is in a dry creek bed and the noise from him running the lawn mower over the rocks is bothersome. I have lived with this for six years. He's old, retired, and must have a memory care issue. So I ignore it all. He also has strung up crime scene tape with stakes and bricks. He harasses me with letters from the Board of Homeowners and this is what I can not stand. How do I stop him? He also gets along my fence and this upsets the dogs. He has no yard except in the front and the smallest yard and house in the neighborhood. His house is between two large houses. I need to stop him but its obvious he is old and sick and the wife is never home so there is no one to speak to. What can I do to stop the letters?

CLJM

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
He harasses me with letters from the Board of Homeowners and this is what I can not stand. How do I stop him? What can I do to stop the letters?
If your HOA is sending you letters, then your "beef" is with the HOA, and not your neighbor. To stop the letters from the HOA, you will have to address the issues of what the HOA is writing you about. Your best course of action is to acknowledge the letters with your HOA and address the issues.

csi7

Send the Board of Homeowners your own letter stating what you mention here about the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">