• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor damaged my garage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bakerd97

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia, Clayton County

Hello, one of my neighbor’s children damaged the garage door to my home which will no longer operate properly. She has promised to pay for the the repair. Although this only happened one day ago, do I have any options if she starts giving me the runaround or refuses to pay for repair? She’s rents the home from a landlord. Would I being able to file a claim against the homeowners insurance the landlord has on the property be an option? Any other ideas on option are appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

FarmerJ

The neighbors landlord and the landlords insurance company have nothing to do with the bad behavior of the tenant next doors child SO if the child is a minor then you might as well get it over with and file a police report other wise id guess that the minors parent would have already told you to let her know when you had estimates . If nothing else a police report In the end may have use if you had to sue the minors parent (s)

bakerd97

The neighbors landlord and the landlords insurance company have nothing to do with the bad behavior of the tenant next doors child SO if the child is a minor then you might as well get it over with and file a police report other wise id guess that the minors parent would have already told you to let her know when you had estimates . If nothing else a police report In the end may have use if you had to sue the minors parent (s)
Thank you for your response.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia, Clayton County

Hello, one of my neighbor’s children damaged the garage door to my home which will no longer operate properly. She has promised to pay for the the repair. Although this only happened one day ago, do I have any options if she starts giving me the runaround or refuses to pay for repair? She’s rents the home from a landlord. Would I being able to file a claim against the homeowners insurance the landlord has on the property be an option? Any other ideas on option are appreciated. Thank you
Did you inform your own insurance agent of the damage to your garage door? That would be a good first step to take.

What sort of damage, cost-wise, are you looking at?

How old is the neighbor's child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">