• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Harassment, Intimidation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slickrockchic

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am hoping I can get some advise on this situation. Yesterday, I was driving on the road in my subdivision to go home. I was only going about 15 or 20 miles an hour. As I started to go over a blind hill, a car came over the hill in the middle of the road. I had to pull over to the side of the road and stop or this car would have hit me. As the car drove by, I honked my horn and motioned for it to move over. It stopped but I didn't think anything about it.

I continued on to my house, which was just up the street. As I pulled into my garage, I noticed this car pulling up behind me to block me in. I got out of my car and the women driving this car got out and started walking toward me asking me what my problem was!!! Who did I think I was to honk my horn at her.

I told her the reason I honked my horn at her was because she almost hit me. She said something like I was on my side of the road and you're the one with a problem. She then stated "I live right over there in that house". I asked her what difference that made, and stated that If I hadn't stopped she would have hit me.

She then stated "that she was family friends with the developer who built the subdivision and there was about to be a homeowner's association". I told her that there is no home owner's association. She said well there is about to be one. I asked her what her point was. She was basic implying that she could make trouble for me and that she could do what she wanted.

At this point, I told her that I didn't apprieciate her coming on to my property and threatening me and told her to "get off my property right now". She then said I,m not threatening you. I once again told her she was tresspassing and to get off my property. As I told her I was reaching for my cell phone. She got back in her car and left when she saw the phone. Her Live in boyfriend was sitting in the passenger seat while this exchage took place.

About 10 minutes after she left, and after I had calmed down, I call the sheriff's office. I met with a deputy at a local convenience store and filed a report. He said what she had done was considered to be intimidation.

What I want to know, is what other steps should I take to protect myself from this neighbor. I think she is the kind of person who will try to make trouble for me and I want to try and stop it before it starts. Should I put cameras up?

This is not the first problem I have had with this neighbor. About 2 months ago, I had to call animal control on their dogs. They keep the dogs, two boxers, in a small pen in the back yard. The dogs were barking all night long nonstop. After several attempts to disscuss it with them and get them to do something about this, I finally had to call animal control.

Animal Control came out and did a report and the barking problem has basically stopped since then. The boyfriend also appoligized and said the male was barking because the female had figured out how to get of the pen. About a week after that I called animal control again, because the dogs were out and chased my dog into my garage. I had let her out to use the bathroom and she was on my property. If I had not seen them chase her and gone out, they would have severely hurt or killed her.

HomeGuru

slickrockchic said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am hoping I can get some advise on this situation. Yesterday, I was driving on the road in my subdivision to go home. I was only going about 15 or 20 miles an hour. As I started to go over a blind hill, a car came over the hill in the middle of the road. I had to pull over to the side of the road and stop or this car would have hit me. As the car drove by, I honked my horn and motioned for it to move over. It stopped but I didn't think anything about it.

I continued on to my house, which was just up the street. As I pulled into my garage, I noticed this car pulling up behind me to block me in. I got out of my car and the women driving this car got out and started walking toward me asking me what my problem was!!! Who did I think I was to honk my horn at her.

I told her the reason I honked my horn at her was because she almost hit me. She said something like I was on my side of the road and you're the one with a problem. She then stated "I live right over there in that house". I asked her what difference that made, and stated that If I hadn't stopped she would have hit me.

She then stated "that she was family friends with the developer who built the subdivision and there was about to be a homeowner's association". I told her that there is no home owner's association. She said well there is about to be one. I asked her what her point was. She was basic implying that she could make trouble for me and that she could do what she wanted.

At this point, I told her that I didn't apprieciate her coming on to my property and threatening me and told her to "get off my property right now". She then said I,m not threatening you. I once again told her she was tresspassing and to get off my property. As I told her I was reaching for my cell phone. She got back in her car and left when she saw the phone. Her Live in boyfriend was sitting in the passenger seat while this exchage took place.

About 10 minutes after she left, and after I had calmed down, I call the sheriff's office. I met with a deputy at a local convenience store and filed a report. He said what she had done was considered to be intimidation.

What I want to know, is what other steps should I take to protect myself from this neighbor. I think she is the kind of person who will try to make trouble for me and I want to try and stop it before it starts. Should I put cameras up?

This is not the first problem I have had with this neighbor. About 2 months ago, I had to call animal control on their dogs. They keep the dogs, two boxers, in a small pen in the back yard. The dogs were barking all night long nonstop. After several attempts to disscuss it with them and get them to do something about this, I finally had to call animal control.

Animal Control came out and did a report and the barking problem has basically stopped since then. The boyfriend also appoligized and said the male was barking because the female had figured out how to get of the pen. About a week after that I called animal control again, because the dogs were out and chased my dog into my garage. I had let her out to use the bathroom and she was on my property. If I had not seen them chase her and gone out, they would have severely hurt or killed her.
**A: thanks for yout post. Keep calling law enforcement and if need be hire an attorney or a hitman.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">