• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sholchak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX.

My husband and our 2 kids moved into my grandparents old house, along with my cousin and his wife and son. Our neighbor is a senior citizen who lives by himself and has had it out for us since my grandparents moved out. He was very upset that my grandpa left, and is now taking it out on us.

My husband and cousin built a mini vert ramp in our backyard, which is not a violation in any way, shape or form. However, our neighbor did not see it that. Every time the guys would go and skate outside he would call the police and they would come out. Now I could understand if they were skating at odd hours, but this would be when it was still daylight outside. We are quiet neighbors, we keep our yard clean, house looking nice, are not noisy. Our neighbor would start taking pictures every time the guys were outside skating, and that made me very uneasy considering my 2 yr old son would be out there as well. It was getting to the point the police were coming out 2-3 times per week. And each time they would tell us just do not skate after dark, which they never did anyways.

We have tried talking to him, he would just cuss us out and slam the door in our face. He has told us that he called CPS on us, and told the police that we use drugs and fire off shot guns. NONE of us use drugs or own any type of guns except a water gun. After Hurricance Ike our street was without power so my husband and cousin both went and checked on him to make sure he was okay. He told my husband that we sent him to the hospital because we were having a bonfire(no idea what he is talking about) and that if he had to have heart surgery he was committing suicide and taking my husband and my cousin with him. We filed that threat, and the police just told us to leave him alone and don't go over there.

A CPS investigator has come out to our house. That is crossing the line. There is absolutely no reason for CPS to have to come out. We are all great parents, and good people and there is absolutely no reason for any of this to be going on.

Is there any type of legal action we can take against him?? Anyone have any advice please please help me!

FarmerJ

use a note book to create a log book of these things as they occur, IF things are all fine then childrens services would have found nothing and sooner or later will consider his calls nuisance /crank calls. The police will also grow tired of comming when he calls and likely will stop coming too. Either wait him out for him to move to a nursing home, assisted living or to _ _ _ while you keep creating your log book so that way if he doesnt do the last thing then you can begin to seek the services of a atty OR social services so they can perhaps intervene and get him services that may be needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">