• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor has been video taping us since Jan '05

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Our lovely neighbor has filed 2 complaints with the county about our barking dog without ever communicating his complaint directly with us first and has been audio and video taping our backyard since January 2005. Before anyone flames me for my barking dog, when we appealed the second complaint BOTH of our next-door neighbors on either side of our house came with us to testify in the appeal that our dog is absolutely not a nuisance and that when we does bark we are extremely considerate neighbors and we put a stop to it right away so that is does not become a nuisance to our neighbors. They are as dumbfounded as we are that anyone would complain about our dog barking because it is so very minimal. But whatever, I accept the fact that he has a problem with it however minimal it may be. It just would have been nice if he had at least followed the protocol outlined on the county website that he try to make contact with us prior to filing a formal complaint.

Anyway, in "court" we found out that he has been video taping our backyard since January. We new he was audio taping us because the officer told us when she delivered the ticket. But now we feel extremely violated that he has been video taping us for 8 months! What rights do we have? Is this allowed? At what point is it considered "peeping" and/or an invasion of our privacy? Is there anything we can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">