• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor interfering with sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grandmagwen

we moved to Spring, Texas three years ago and have had a neighbor that is very nosy and accustomed to bullying the neighborhood - we are attempting to sell our home ----------a realtor was showing our house - they were in the house for an hour, then another ten minutes in front looking around before the agent went to the neighbor to inquire about the neighborhood -they spoke for a moment - as the agent walked back onto my property, the neighbor followed her then spent another 15 mins. talking & pointing - I finally reached my agent and told her I wanted to know everything she had said to the potential buyers - she told them that my house had previously had a crack in the foundation and that the flower bed should not have been built so close to my guesthouse because it caused mold and on and on**************.if our house had a crack this is news to us and we have never seen mold in the guesthouse - needless to say, the couple never returned - maybe they may not have bought the house but I guess I'll never know - when speaking with the HOA President (who is aware of my problems with this neighbor) he said that she is violation of interferring with the sale of my home - should I get an attorney and if so what are my recourses - all I want is to sell my house and move on in a positive manner but this woman makes this dream so unrealistic - any advice is welcomed, Grandma Gwen

izzie01

Can you get some sort of restraining order..probably not the right term, but something that would bar him from interfering with the sale of your house.. What does your agent say about how to handle this? I would at least ask agent to send a letter asking him to cease interfering and say something like you would get a restraining order to stop him. Maybe that would be enough to get him to stop it.

xylene

we moved to Spring, Texas three years ago and have had a neighbor that is very nosy and accustomed to bullying the neighborhood - we are attempting to sell our home ----------a realtor was showing our house - they were in the house for an hour, then another ten minutes in front looking around before the agent went to the neighbor to inquire about the neighborhood -they spoke for a moment - as the agent walked back onto my property, the neighbor followed her then spent another 15 mins. talking & pointing - I finally reached my agent and told her I wanted to know everything she had said to the potential buyers - she told them that my house had previously had a crack in the foundation and that the flower bed should not have been built so close to my guesthouse because it caused mold and on and on**************.if our house had a crack this is news to us and we have never seen mold in the guesthouse - needless to say, the couple never returned - maybe they may not have bought the house but I guess I'll never know - when speaking with the HOA President (who is aware of my problems with this neighbor) he said that she is violation of interferring with the sale of my home - should I get an attorney and if so what are my recourses - all I want is to sell my house and move on in a positive manner but this woman makes this dream so unrealistic - any advice is welcomed, Grandma Gwen
Why is your moron agent talking to your neighbor?

grandmagwen

neighbor interferring with sale

It wasn't my agent - it was another one that came through with her clients - I now no longer leave my house when an agent is coming attempting to avoid this to happen again -

have an attorney write the neighbor a letter letting them know that what they did was interfere with the sale of your home and that the letter is written notice that if it occurs again, you will sue for the value of your home. That should shut them up ( yes, been there done that).

clch

It wasn't my agent - it was another one that came through with her clients - I now no longer leave my house when an agent is coming attempting to avoid this to happen again -
I don't see the problem. If I had a Realtor or if I was buying without, I'd sure be talking to the neighbors about the history of the property, the neighborhood, etc. I cannot imagine a court forbidding such contact. I'd also have the good sense to verify the statements of the neighbor(s).

Unless this person is going WAY over the top, I think you're stuck.

CLCH, YOU HAVE NEVETR HAD A NEIGHBOR FROM HELL. I have and trust me, if they are vindictive enough and want to make you miserable, they will do anything, including interfereing with the sale of your home. We had it happen to us and we had the letter sent with a stern warning that they were intefering with the sale of our home and what the legal ramifications would be if they did it again. They didnt and we sold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">