+ Reply to Thread
    rayking is offline Junior Member

Neighbor keeps calling the police for nothing

What is the name of your state? MA
    My contractor worked on my house, used my driveway and the public street (I have survey stake on the ground and I have told the contractor the neighbor is a jerk and just stay away from her). That jerk kept calling police. When the police came, she just ran away. The policeman said he got calls from that jerk that someone MIGHT trespass her property but each time he came nothing happened. I have been tolerant with this jerk but I can't let her feel that I won't fight with her. I wonder if I could sue this jerk for harassment if this happened again.
    seniorjudge Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rayking
    My contractor worked on my house, used my driveway and the public street (I have survey stake on the ground and I have told the contractor the neighbor is a jerk and just stay away from her). That jerk kept calling police. When the police came, she just ran away. The policeman said he got calls from that jerk that someone MIGHT trespass her property but each time he came nothing happened. I have been tolerant with this jerk but I can't let her feel that I won't fight with her. I wonder if I could sue this jerk for harassment if this happened again.
    You may sue anyone for anything at anytime for any reason.

Whether you will win or not and whether it is worth your time and trouble and whether it will do any good or not, are entirely separate questions.

I suspect that nutty neighbor would be exceptionally unswayed by anything a court did.
    Happy Trails is offline Senior Member
    Is this the same neighbor that you have a patio and a garden on their property?
    PghREA is offline Senior Member
    As long as you are not doing anything to annoy the neighbor, I wouldn't worry about it. Why do you care if the "Jerk" calls the police and the police come every time. This is her problem, not yours. Ignore her or move.
    seniorjudge Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PghREA
    As long as you are not doing anything to annoy the neighbor, I wouldn't worry about it. Why do you care if the "Jerk" calls the police and the police come every time. This is her problem, not yours. Ignore her or move.
    Methinks rayking has not been truthful in this thread. See:

[url]http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=194318[/url]
    Methinks Judgy's word of the day today is "exceptionally".
    Don't intend to argue but though these are about the same neighbor it has nothing to do with any piece of land I mentioned in that thread. This jerk is just desperate and wants to find troubles
    And I am not worried about her calling police. She can do that as much as she wants. It just slowed down my house project a lot because it made my contractor not happy which made me feel I need to do something.
    Don't intend to argue but though these are about the same neighbor it has nothing to do with any piece of land I mentioned in that thread. This jerk is just desperate and wants to find troubles
    If you were in the neighbors shoes you probably would act the same way. If you are trespassing on their property, then calling the police is their right.

I'm not trying to make you mad, but I would think you were the jerk for not taking care of the issue in the other thread. By trying to Adversely Possess someone else's property you really don't think it's going to be a nicey, nicey thing do you?
    Last edited by Happy Trails; 05-03-2005 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    Please read the post clearly before you say anything, ok? If not, keep your mouth shut up!

If the case was taken to the court, I have nothing to complain and that is what should be done. That is the right.

I never wanted the land. If I did, I would have taken actions already. The land has been used by the owners of my house for 30 years. There are numerous public records and old towners to prove that. The garden and the patio are useless for me. As I said before in my post, I had no problem if they all got removed.
    Please read the post clearly before you say anything, ok? If not, keep your mouth shut up!

If the case was taken to the court, I have nothing to complain and that is what should be done. That is the right.

I never wanted the land. If I did, I would have taken actions already. The land has been used by the owners of my house for 30 years. There are numerous public records and old towners to prove that. The garden and the patio are useless for me. As I said before in my post, I had no problem if they all got removed.
    As I wrote, I'm not trying to make you mad. Just simply stating that you take a look at it from their point of view. The owner's that owned the house prior to your purchase, were the parents of the son who had the other property. (At least that is how I read it.)

Are you saying that you are not going on the neighbor's property? Or do you believe that you have an easement that allows you to go on to it?

If the neighbor believes you are trespassing then it most likely will end up in court. But it will never be easy living next to bitter neighbors.