• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Leaves Tire Marks On My Driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nugget2179

What is the name of your state? California

The neighbor directly across the street from me has a huge RV trailer that he attaches to a dual wheel truck. When he parks it along the side of his house, he has to go back and forth across the street to line it up right before he can back it in. In the process, he pulls up into my driveway and when he turns his wheels he leaves black tire marks all over it. It looks terrible!!!! And he doesn't even offer to clean it up.

I have a few questions:

Is my driveway considered private property? If so, can I tell him that he may not use it to park his RV? (Everyone in the neighborhood has asked him to park it in a storage facility, but he refuses. It's a real eyesore because it is HUGE!)

Can I make him pay the cost of cleaning up the mess he made?

Warped

I'm not a lawyer!

For cryin out loud... The tire marks will wash off the next time it rains and in the mean time, if it bothers you that much, why don't you go knock on his door and ask him to come over and clean it up? If he refuses or gives you a bunch of lip then you'll have reason to come here with your knickers in a knot. :rolleyes:

Nugget2179

Perhaps I should have elaborated a little more. This man is VERY difficult to talk to and non-cooperative. Secondly, we had some rain in the last two weeks and the tire marks are still there. Our concrete must be very porous.

But here's an update. I leave for work everyday at 7:30. I walk out yesterday and guess what he's doing? Trying to park his RV. Needless to say, he is blocking my driveway so I can't leave. Just so you know, he does things like this all the time. He wants me to come out there and talk to him so he can start something. But I didn't fall for it. I called the police and they took care of him. I also asked the police officer to tell him to not pull into my driveway after I left--- that I didn't want any more black marks on my driveway.

I don't want to be within 5 feet of this guy. He's crazy. He's had altercations with nearly everyone on the block and is stupid enough to tell people "I had a dream last night that I blew your brains out!"

I suppose I will have to take care of the tire marks myself....... just makes me mad!

Greg 2

For goodness sakes...just leave your car parked at the end of your drive for a period of time, ideally when he is gone with the RV. If he 'runs over' your car the insurance company will deal with him.

Or maybe a gated driveway would be another solution.....your neighbors might even chip in if they also want the RV out of the neighborhood. Even a sturdy locked chain would do the trick. it wouldn't have to be expensive nor fancy.

Only you can balance the inconvience of a gate with the annoyance of black marks.

PghREA

In my neighborhood RV's are not permitted to be parked longer than 3 days at the owner's home. Maybe your municipality has a similar rule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">