• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor moved proptery markers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tikka1969

What is the name of your state? michigan
i put up a fencing to keep horses in 12 years ago.now i had found out that people next door (other side of my neighbors house)had put up a fence and had noticed the propetery marker was moved 20' onto thier propetery.now i had finialy taken the time to measure my propetery width and am short 12'.my fense runs the propetery line for 1500 feet.so now i have to take the fense down and move all 1500' feet of it over 12' feet.i have no proof that he moved it.but the fact that the moved markers were in his favor is proof enough for me.but i don't know how a judge would feel about.any opinion?

Some Random Guy

i had found out that people next door (other side of my neighbors house)had put up a fence and had noticed the propetery marker was moved 20' onto thier propetery
So, are you saying that the marker was recently moved 20 feet onto their property, increasing your property's size, or that the marker was moved 20 feet onto your property, decreasing your property size?

Also, you mention the "people next door" and your neighbors. are they the same people or are you dealing with three properties here?

so now i have to take the fense down and move all 1500' feet of it over 12' feet.
Says who? Did a judge say that or your neighbor?

Unless you already lost in court, the solution is to hire a surveyor and tell him you believe that the property markers have been deliberately tampered with. Get an estimate first and have him research your property boundaries.

schmiddy

You should look at the deed for your property and see how your boundaries are defined there.

Also, I second the advice to hire a surveyor. They can be a little pricey, depending on how large your lot is, but it's probably better in the long run than forfeiting ~1800 square feet of your land AND having to move your fence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">