• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor mowing my grass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karen053

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?IN
I bought my property and house about 4 years ago. One of my neighbors mow about 8-10 feet of what I believe is my property. When fall came, they picked up the leaves on (my land) what they want to show me is their land. After 4 years of this baloney I am ready to get a boundary survey to show these people that is not their land. Either way, if I am wrong fine, but if I am right, can I put up a fence the next day? What if they come to my house and argue about it? Do I just show them the survey or what?

Shay-Pari'e

All of this, because he is actually mowing your grass? Get the survey, and put a fence on your property line.

I would hate to have you as a neighbor.

moteyboat

Adverse possession case now after mowing.

I would NOT let him MOW! We have been in court for 2 years because our neighbor claims he 's mowed the lawn, doesn't agree with our survey, and is suing us for adverse possession. GOOD fences make good neighbors" Tell him to STOP mowing! Washington state

HomeGuru

moteyboat said:
I would NOT let him MOW! We have been in court for 2 years because our neighbor claims he 's mowed the lawn, doesn't agree with our survey, and is suing us for adverse possession. GOOD fences make good neighbors" Tell him to STOP mowing! Washington state

**A: if you read the WA ap laws, mowing alone does not establish ownership through adverse possession.

moteyboat

Pissed off in Washington state.

So why have I been in court for 2 years? Their lawyer says it's a "SLAM DUNK"" We go to court in March. My lawyer says it's 50/50 chance of winning. ALL they've done is MOWED the 3 foot strip? They do not have a house just a shed. You say that's what the law says then why am I being sued? Are you a lawyer? What can I do?

Shay-Pari'e

moteyboat said:
So why have I been in court for 2 years? Their lawyer says it's a "SLAM DUNK"" We go to court in March. My lawyer says it's 50/50 chance of winning. ALL they've done is MOWED the 3 foot strip? They do not have a house just a shed. You say that's what the law says then why am I being sued? Are you a lawyer? What can I do?
Are you Karen? You have two posts on this forum, and both of them are hijacking the posters post.

HomeGuru

moteyboat said:

**A: I do not respond to thread hijackers.

moteyboat

Hijacking?!

I was responding to the poster with my experience. Didn't realize it's called hijacking. Maybe some people shouldn't post answers if they're not sure what they're talking about. And,yes, I am Karen. Trying to prevent someone from getting in a situation I'm in right now because of MOWING. :mad:

HomeGuru

moteyboat said:
I was responding to the poster with my experience. Didn't realize it's called hijacking. Maybe some people shouldn't post answers if they're not sure what they're talking about. And,yes, I am Karen. Trying to prevent someone from getting in a situation I'm in right now because of MOWING. :mad:

**A: read your post again. It's all about 3 people; me, myself and I.

moteyboat

You truly are a "grouch potato" as your profile states. Just can't believe you are really a LAWYER? Or,maybe, I can. Most think they know all and only think about their pocketbooks. YOU are now taking over this post. Hijacking. Again I would suggest not letting anyone mow my lawn.

HomeGuru

moteyboat said:
You truly are a "grouch potato" as your profile states. Just can't believe you are really a LAWYER? Or,maybe, I can. Most think they know all and only think about their pocketbooks. YOU are now taking over this post. Hijacking. Again I would suggest not letting anyone mow my lawn.

**A: please take your meds and make sure your imaginary friend does the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">