• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor mowing my lawn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

timcla

What is the name of your state? WI

I moved into my home in Wisconsin in September 2005. I didn't really notice it last year, but I have noticed that my next door neighbor always mows onto my lawn. The amount they mow of my lawn is typically between 1 and 4 feet.

I find this annoying, but my wife brought up to me that she thought she heard that if one takes care of a property for a certain number of years, that property becomes their property.

My home's previous owner was a woman who was in a nursing home for 2-3 years.

Do I have anything to worry about, or am I at risk of having my property "stolen"?

Thanks in advance.

PghREA

Go thank your neighbor for mowing part of your lawn. (This will let him know that you know what lawn you own. I'm assuming that you have a survey and are correct when you say that he IS mowing YOUR lawn.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">