• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor painted my fence on his side :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markimus2w1

Idaho...

Long story short. My wife and I bought and paid for a fence to be built. Later on neighbors moved in and built their fence onto mine. Idaho law states they are required to pay for half of the side they built onto. Two neighbors complied after I asked and the third completely ignored me. Any way I was planning on taking him to small claims court but the other day I realized that he has also painted my fence on his side.

Can i sue him for vandalizing my fence? I would now rather have him replace the whole side. I have been trying to work with him for 4 months now and he has chosen to ignore me completely now. I even tried working a deal with him where he only pays $250 for half ownership of the fence we now share. which is about half of what I should really ask for.

If you type idaho code 18-7036 in google there is the law for graffiti does this apply?

justalayman

=markimus2w1;2729139]
Can i sue him for vandalizing my fence? I would now rather have him replace the whole side. I have been trying to work with him for 4 months now and he has chosen to ignore me completely now. I even tried working a deal with him where he only pays $250 for half ownership of the fence we now share. which is about half of what I should really ask for.

If you type idaho code 18-7036 in google there is the law for graffiti does this apply?
I can't see this as vandalism or graffiti but he is not legally allowed to paint your fence. You would have a claim for the costs to return the fence to it's original condition.

markimus2w1

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response, This is how I would rather deal with this anyway. I gave him plenty of options I even asked him how he would like to handle it. And he chose to ignore me. So there ya go

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">